Dee’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Drops
Makes about 100 drops
Once you try these, you will wonder what you ever loved about Reese’s!
What you’ll need:
18 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate pieces OR equivalent amount of your favorite chocolate
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
4-5 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup chopped or grated paraffin
Pecan halves (optional)
- Mix butter, peanut butter and vanilla together with hand mixer or by hand. Blend in sugar.
- Form mixture into small balls (about 1 teaspoon dough per ball).
- Melt chocolate and paraffin together in the microwave, stirring in 1 minute increments until completely melted and combined.
- Dip balls into chocolate mixture one at a time and place on waxed paper. Top each piece with a pecan half, if desired. If chocolate begins to harden during the dipping process, just return to the microwave and re-melt.
- Top with some flake sea salt, a pecan half, chopped nuts such as pistachios, or just leave plain. Great any way!
- Refrigerate until hardened.