Crock Pot Country Ribs
Serve with rice, noodles, or my personal favorite, mashed potatoes. Spoon the decadent sauce over everything! Serve with a nice green salad, and !Voila! a great dinner.
What you’ll need:
4 to 5 pounds Country Ribs (boneless or with bones)
1 whole large Spanish onion, cut into large chunks
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce or Tamari
1 cup orange marmalade
1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 Tablespoon or so of orange liqueur (Triple sec or Gran Marnier`)
Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together in a small bowl the soy sauce, marmalade, ginger, liqueur and garlic.
- Place one layer of ribs in the crock pot and sprinkle with a layer of onion.
- Spoon the marmalade mixture over the ribs and add a healthy grind of black pepper.
- Add the next layer of ribs and repeat above, ending with a layer of onions.
- Cover the crock pot and set to low setting.
- Now, go to work and when you come home, you’re house will smell wonderful! And as an added bonus, you’ll have an awesome dinner as well!!
*This dish will make it’s own liquid, so don’t add any water.