Try making your own homemade BBQ sauce.
You know what you’re getting and you can flavor to your personal taste. Enjoy this creation!
Ancho Barbeque Sauce
What you’ll need:
3 dried ancho chilies, stemmed and seeded
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 cups diced onion
7 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup catsup
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup cider vinegar
¼ cup lemon juice
1 ½ Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoons salt or to taste
- Soak the ancho chilies in hot water for 30 minutes or until soft.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes or until they begin to wilt.
- Add the catsup and ancho chilies and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and simmer gently for 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to cool. Place in a blender or food processor and puree. You can also use a hand blender and blend while in the pot.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 3 weeks.
Reheat before serving.
NOTE: You can also add meat juices and cut up scraps of meat left over from carving to this sauce before serving.