Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies
What you’ll need:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated or brown sugar (either one works)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
¾ teaspoon Kosher flake salt
½ cup fine sanding sugar or sparkling sugar
- Mix together butter and sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in egg, lemon juice, zest and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and mix in flour, rosemary and salt.
- Roll dough into two 6-inch logs and freeze.
- Baking: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unwrap the dough and roll it in sanding sugar; cut cookies into ¼ inch rounds.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until edges are golden.