What you’ll need:
1 Tablespoon flour
1 sheet (8 oz.) puff pastry, thawed if frozen
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup grated Gruyere cheese
1 pound medium asparagus, trimmed
2 Tablespoons good quality olive oil
1 Tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sprinkle flour onto work surface; roll out pastry dough to a 14 x 9 inch rectangle.
- Trim the rolled dough for neat edges, then transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Score the pastry dough lightly with a 1-inch border on all sides. This will allow the dough to form a raised edge. Pierce the interior dough with a fork to keep it from puffing up.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove pastry from the oven and sprinkle with the cheeses. Place the asparagus on the interior of the tart, alternating with ends and tips.
- Add lemon zest to olive oil and drizzle the asparagus with olive oil. Scatter the thyme leaves on top. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake until puff pastry is golden and asparagus is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.