Dee’s Peach and Berry Crisp
What you’ll need:
6 to 8 or two pounds ripe peaches
Juice from freshly squeezed lemon (2 Tablespoons)
Zest from ½ lemon (2 teaspoons)
½ cup sugar
¼ cup flour
1 cup fresh blackberries, blueberries or raspberries
2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
½ cup white or whole wheat flour
¼ cup honey
¼ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
½ to ¾ cup melted butter
Chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, gently combine fruit with other ingredients so that the fruit is coated. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking. Turn into baking dish or individual baking dishes.
- Combine oats with flour and nuts, if using, and mix together well.
- Stir in honey, melted butter and spices. Combine until crumbly and moist. You may need to add more butter or if too runny, add more oats.
- Cover the top of the peach and berry filling with the oat mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly and hot and the topping is golden.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream sprinkled with a little cinnamon or home- made cinnamon ice cream and you will make friends for life!!