Spicy Fruit ‘n Nut Chocolate Clusters
A decadently delicious treat that is fun and oh so easy to make!
The “Spicy” part is optional, but adds a flavorful yet gentle spark to each bite.
What you’ll need:
1/2 cup whole raw almonds
½ cup whole raw cashews
½ cup hulled pepitas (pumpkin seeds), salted
½ cup shelled raw pistachios
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup dried tart cherries
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate OR
2 oz. bittersweet and 2 oz. milk chocolate
½ teaspoon Ancho chile powder, or to taste
Coarse sea salt
- Place raw nuts on a lined baking sheet and toast all nuts in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until nuts are golden and fragrant.
- Transfer nuts to a bowl and mix together with cherries and cranberries.
- Melt chocolate in a large bowl in the microwave in 1 minute increments, stirring after each minute. Sprinkle in Ancho chile powder and stir to blend.
- Stir in fruit and nut mixture and combine so that the mixture is completely coated with chocolate.
- Spoon mixture onto parchment or waxed paper lined baking sheet in 1 Tablespoon increments.
- Sprinkle the tops with coarse sea salt.
- Chill until set, about 30 minutes. The clusters can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
NOTE: If you are a Trader Joe’s shopper, all ingredients are available there.