Pepper Shrimp in Peanut Sauce
What you’ll need:
1 lb. shrimp in shells
8 oz. linguine or long-grain rice
½ cup water
¼ cup orange marmalade
2 Tablespoons tamari or light soy sauce
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
2 teaspoons cornstarch
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
1 Tablespoon oil
6 green onions, bias sliced into 1 inch pieces
2 med. red, yellow or green peppers (or a combination) cut into strips
Peanuts, crushed and whole
- Peel and de-vein shrimp, leaving tails.
- Cook pasta (or rice)
- Stir together water, marmalade, soy sauce, peanut butter, cornstarch and pepper flakes and set aside.
- Stir fry onions and peppers in wok or skillet. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Stir fry shrimp. Remove from pan and add to pepper mixture.
- Using same wok or pan, cook sauce.
- When sauce is thickened and bubbly, add shrimp and veggies and just heat through.
- Serve over pasta or rice topped with peanuts.