These potatoes are a great side dish for just about anything or good enough to munch with just a side salad. They are fluffy and creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Just delicious!
What you’ll need:
2 pounds Dutch yellow baby potatoes
¼ to ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves garlic pressed through a garlic press
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme leaves
Juice of ½ large lemon or about ¼ cup
Zest of ½ lemon for oil mixture
Zest of ½ lemon for topping
Fresh chopped parsley for sprinkling
Finishing salt for sprinkling
- Pre-cook unpeeled potatoes either in microwave (easiest way) or on stove top by boiling until tender. Drain and lay potatoes out on a flat surface. Pat dry.
- Once potatoes dry, lay them out on a large ¼ inch rimmed baking sheet that is lightly oiled. Turn the oven to 425 degrees to preheat.
- Using a glass or cup, smash each potato until it is flattened. Be sure potatoes do not overlap. Keep them individual to allow for crisping.
- In a shaker jar, combine remaining ingredients except parsley and second half of lemon zest and drizzle over all the potatoes. If you need more oil, drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast potatoes in 425 degree oven for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Remove from oven. Zest remaining ½ lemon over top of potatoes and sprinkle with finishing salt and chopped parsley.